[THIN] Re: O/T Question about Compaq DL360

  • From: "Ziots, Edward" <EZiots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:05:42 -0400

Honestly,

We got DL360 Pizza Boxes here, and there is a big problem with the CPU fans
going out and causing the servers to drop, I have had to replace 5 fans in
as many mobnths and sometimes the same fan on the same system.  Do not
believe just because they are 1U that you can stick 42 in a box and not have
problems. The physics of thermal conduction is going to get ya.

For citrix servers, I believe a DL380 is a much sturdier box, and has been
tons more reliable than the DL 360's
Ed