[THIN] Re: OT: Anyone using ACT! in Citrix or otherwise?

  • From: Richard Dietzman <boomvader@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

Act is a pain, indeed.  However, it will work in a
multi-user environment with a little help.

I installed ACT! 2005 on a TS a while back.  It works
well, but I had to change the application launch
shortcut from actrunner.exe to act7.exe in order for
it to run multiple instances.  I also had to copy the
report templates to each user's profile each time the
app was upgraded.  Alas, each time the app is upgraded
it restores the orginal shortcut to actrunner.exe.

Best Software doesn't support ACT! 2005 in a TS/Citrix
environment.  However, they recently purchased PS4
licenses to use in their QA lab.  Maybe they will in
the future?

Hope this helps!

-Richie

--- Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you've already got Goldmine running, then MHO is
> you'd be mad to move
> to Act. Severely backwards step in terms of
> functionality, performances,
> stability and security. ACT does, however, win in
> terms of ease of use.
> We've ot used 2005 at any size, but the previous
> version slowed to an
> absolute crawl at one client with something like
> 4,000 records - which
> Goldmine handles easily.
>

> Great for single user, OK for small (<5) workgroups,
> otherwise run a
> mile.
>

> Nick
>

>   _____

http://mail.yahoo.com
This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC