[THIN] Re: Disabling Citrix connections?

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:57:41 -0500

> We're doing an update to our shared program.  I need to make
> it inaccessible for the day.  What's the most common/easiest
> way to "pull the plug" on a citrix server?  I'd guess by
> stopping the ICA service...is there an easier way?

I have written a wrapper script for my application, and publish the
wrapper. The wrapper checks to see if a certain file exists .. If it
does exist, it displays a message that says the app is unavailable and
terminates the session. If the file doesn't exist, the app launches.
When you need to shut down the app, just build the signal file. The cool
thing is that you can gave information in the message like when you
think it might be up, etc, which may reduce some support calls. It's
also a good tool when you multiple apps on your server, and only need to
disable one, not the whole enchilada.
http://www.go-eol.com