[THIN] Re: Citrix and Novell

  • From: "Hutchinson, Alan" <Alan.Hutchinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:42:25 +0100

I can confirm that the latest client (as of 2 weeks ago) is not stable -
profiles were being loaded, unloaded and then reloaded at logon
resulting in (a) very long logon times, (b) other server instability -
we got an unreleased (as of two weeks ago) patch which cured it. So
test, test and test again. You'll also need to go with contextless
logins which requires an additional dll,  registry tweaks, and client
configuration. If you use nfuse (aka W.I.), you'll also need to test
further. Otherwise Novell client seems to work o.k., users will get
drive mappings that they're used to seeing - so from a user perspective
it's easier for them. That said - I'd love to get rid of it and go to a
pure MS environment.

Regards,

Alan.

  _____