[THIN] Re: CTX Password Manager

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:18:54 +1100

Hi James

You sort of answered your own questions in question 3. You can remove/ add any
questions in a
set via the PM console but all users must then re-register for the questions.
There is no way of
getting them to register for just one question. So resetting each user to
re-register for the
questions is the only way.

To reset user you can use Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy's free Citrix Password
Manager Helpdesk
Utility - This application is designed for use with Citrix Password Manager
V4.x. It is intended to be
used as a help desk console for one task only - reset an Active Directory
User's information in the
central store. This results in the selected user being returned to an initial
state. In Active Directory
central stores, the user data (credentials, security questions and answers, and
so on) is deleted
and the user is flagged as having had their data reset.

Microsoft .NET 2.0 required.

Download it from:
http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/CAD_TSUtils.htm

Source code can also be downloaded from:

http://community.citrix.com/display/xa/Citrix+Password+Manager+Helpdesk+Utility

--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Tue, Mar 8th, 2011 at 1:57 AM, James Scanlon
<James.Scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello IT. Legends,
>
> We have been asked to change the order of the questions for password
> manager registration...and remove some that are causing offence
> 1) can this be done for a question that has already been used?
> 2) can a question that's already been registered for be deleted and/or
> disabled or ....?
>
> Also:
> 3) can we reset a users registration entirely and how?
> We have Password manager 4.6 and its stored in AD
>
> Cheers and thanks for any replies.
> JS
>

> ______________________________________
>
> C. Hoare & Co. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
> Authority with registration no. 122093.  The FSAâ??s address is 25, The
> North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS.
> Registered in England no. 240822.  Registered office 37 Fleet St, London,
> EC4P 4DQ
>
> Confidentiality Disclaimer:
> This message and attachments are confidential and may be privileged, and
> are sent for the personal attention of the addressee(s).  If you are not
> the intended addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is
> unauthorised. Information transmitted by email may be intercepted, lost,
> destroyed, corrupted or delayed and as a result, C. Hoare & Co. do not
> accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
> message. If you would like to confirm the contents of this email, please
> request a hard copy version.
>
> If the contents of this message are of a personal nature, the email will
> have been sent in a personal capacity and not on behalf of C. Hoare & Co.
>
> Monitoring/Viruses:
> C. Hoare & Co. may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
> current legislation. Although emails are screened for viruses, C. Hoare &
> Co. cannot guarantee that any transmissions will be virus free.
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist