[THIN] Re: Backup printserver/Importing printserver with DNS name

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:56:50 +0200

joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes our Win/MF environment is identical.
We use AD, but I wouldn't think that would be any different.

 And you can ping the DNS print name from the MF servers and when you do
an ipconfig the dns suffix are  there? So you are thinking  something in
MF can't resolve the name.

Exactly. I can ping using FQDN as well as the short name which will be appended by the domain suffix. So DNS definitely works, and I'm able to use this server's shares via \\fully.qualified.domain.name\sharename. It's only CMC that doesn't accept the DNS name, regardless if I use CMC from a Metaframe server or a locally installed copy.

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com