[THIN] Re: Backup printserver/Importing printserver with DNS name

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:29:10 +0100

On a tangent, could you not use printer pooling on the MF servers to achieve
the same effect?

Andrew
--o--

>>> lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 22/07/04 12:15:06 >>>
Hello!

Is it possible to import a Windows printserver with its DNS name into a
MFXP server farm? We would like to do this because we want to setup a
failover solution for this printserver in case of hardware failure. So far,I
  only succeeded in importing this printserver via Netbios name or IP
address, but if I use the DNS name, I get an error c0130001/c0130003 ("Thes
 pecified Network Print Server could not be contacted").

Is there another failover solution for printservers in a Citrix environment(
 besides Windows clustering or a standby machine which will take over thep
 roduction server's Netbios name)?

Application servers: MFXP 1.0 FR3 on Windows 2000 SP3
Printserver Windows 2000 SP3 (no Metaframe installed)

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator
University Hospital Tuebingen/Germany

custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

http://www.go-eol.com