[THIN] Re: AutoCad on Citrix?

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:58:47 +1200

Autodesk once had a TS-version of autocad, but it only came in a 50 user
license (imagine 50 instances of autocad running simultaneously on 1 box!).
If you just need to view drawings, then voloview view express is all that
you need. I've installed autocadLT at several places and it works just fine.
There are some tweaks that you'll want to do to on the client:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client]
"Max Event Count"=dword:00000150
"Min Send Interval"=dword:00000005
"Normal Event Count"=dword:00000150
"BitmapCacheSize"=dword:00003500
"Order Draw Threshold"=dword:00000005

Also turn off data compression, bitmap caching and queue mouse and
keystrokes in the client. This doesn't get rid of the cursor lag, but it
minimizes the pan and zoom lag.