[THIN] Re: Anyone done calculations on energy saving for thin client devices ?

  • From: "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <SRaffens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:22:34 -0500

Andy,

We just finished a study for our "typical" PC (Compaq Evo) with a 17"
CRT. Using an ammeter, we measured about 40-60 watts depending on your
activity. We didn't measure heat output but 99.99% of that wattage
becomes heat so it should be easy to calculate.

Sorry, no info on thin clients.

Steve Raffensberger

Sovereign Bank
Enterprise Network Services