[THIN] Re: Anyone done calculations on energy saving for thin client devices ?

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 21:40:11 -0700

Check out these links one is a research study we conducted on the subject
and the other is a paper we wrote for WYSE, they cover pretty much exactly
what you asked for. Some of the newer PC/TC equipment is actually going to
consume more than shown here, while the LCD may now consume less. The energy
cost equations can easily be adjusted for your actual kilowatt per hour cost
from your local utility...

http://www.thinclient.net/comparingpowerusage.html

http://www.wyse.com/resources/whitepapers/energy_study.pdf

Steve Greenberg