[texbirds] LLELA; Denton Co.

  • From: Susan Yost <sdyost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds - Email <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 11:27:15 -0500

The Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area {LLELA} had it's 1st bird walk
of the season Saturday.  14 participates enjoyed the nice morning.  We saw more
birds than we thought we would.  Highlights were, Immature Little Blues with a
nice comparison to a Great Egret.  Cattle Egret, Green Heron, Least Flycatcher,
Olive-sided Flycatcher, Barn Swallow, Chimney Swift, Nashville and Yellow
Warbler, Female Baltimore Oriole, Red-shouldered Hawk and tons of Scissortail
Flycatchers.  It's wonderful how people are still discovering LLELA, a  2,000
acre mecca of birds, dragonflies, mammals, floral and fauna right in the city
of Lewisville!  Come and see what you are missing!!  Bird walks are held the
2nd Saturday of each month @ 7:30a.m.  $7 @ the gate.  BTW: There is a nice
article in todays Dallas Morning News about LLELA.
Sue YOST ~^/^~
Highland Village
Denton Co.