[texbirds] Re: Another Perspective

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tedleeeubanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:22:02 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Ted Lee Eubanks
<tedleeeubanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree that the onus is on a birder to prove what they saw.
> Once proven, the onus is on the birding community (the various record
> committees, to be exact) to prove that the bird is not of a natural origin,
> whatever that means. In my mind, the naysayers have proven nothing.

Actually, can anyone name a specific record that was rejected by the
TBRC do to suspicion of unnatural origin except for examples like
Orange-breasted Bunting? Were the Black-headed Siskins on SPI ever
even submitted? I can think of 3-4 records that were dismissed as
escapes but not submitted.
--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX