[TechAssist] Re: vs4543 mitsubishi relay clicks then clicks off no high voltage

  • From: "Danny Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:03:11 -0400

I JUST finished SAME VS4543 set with same problem Pete... It will "Kick"
your butt if you do not have this info below:

After you rework all your PC boards for (CSJ's) Solder, and check all your
Caps,....

You need to go thru the front side of the TV and look at the YOKES on each
of the picture tubes, you'll see a LARGE PLASTIC "PLUG" on each one of the
yokes (there is also a much smaller plug on each yoke too but they are ok)

You need to remove the PLASTIC CONNECTOR on each yoke assembly and "cut off"
the CONNECTOR and solder the wires DIRECTLY to the metal pins on the YOKE
assembly (Bypassing the plastic connector)

These plastic connectors are a VERY VERY HIGH FAILURE ITME on ALL Mits
VS4543 sets!!!!!!
Do this to EVERY VS4543 set you get in for service or you'll see
problems!!!!!!!

Danny Garris
Garris Radio & TV
New Bern, NC