[TechAssist] Re: magnavox 27y1 no osd

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 06:35:53 -0400

Here is some of the alignment info:

The following is an example of what could be displayed on screen and an
explanation of the characters shown.

GR3 AM1 PRTM C2

6 C 11 23

Top Line
 GR3A = Control System
 C = Consumer, M = Motel, H = Hospital
 1 = 1st Version of the software
 PRTM = Error Codes

P = PIP, R = Remote Locator, T = Tuner, M = Memory

If a letter appears it indicates a failed communication or the set does not
have these features. These codes can be useful in troubleshooting the
control system.

C2 = Closed Captioning feature

Pressing the A/CH Button on the Remote will cause the display to cycle
through the Closed Caption modes.

Note: Pressing the Status Button on the Transmitter will toggle the
Information Display (GR3A-Code and Type-Error Codes) on and off.

Bottom Line
 6 = Channel Number
 C = Test Mode
 11 = Register Number
 23 = Register Value in Hex

The Channel Up/Down Buttons on the Remote Transmitter will access the
channel tuned.

Registers can be access through the Menu's Up and Down Buttons on the
Remote.

Register Values can be changed by pressing the Menu's Left/- or Right/+
Buttons on the transmitter.

Shown below is a list of the registers available on the deluxe
microprocessor with 16k ROM.

REGISTER REGISTER REGISTER
NUMBER VALUE DESCRIPTION

10 20 Brightness
11 20 Picture
12 20 Color
13 20 Tint
14 20 Sharpness
15 15 Volume
16 05 PIP X1 (position)
17 28 PIP X2
18 06 PIP Y1
19 2F PIP Y2
20 08 PIP Read Counter
21 04 PIP Write Counter
22 0A Horiz. Display Offset
23  Exit

Note: To access the PIP service mode while in the "C" service mode, press
the PIP "ON" Button.  PIP will appear on the screen.  the test mode display
will change the register number digit by changing the first digit to a 3_
indicating the PIP adjustment mode.  Pressing the Left/- or Right/+  buttons
will now adjust the position of the PIP in the Horizontal direction.  This
is the only setup adjustment required for PIP.

To save a register: While still in test mode "C" turn the power "OFF" at the
television set keyboard.

Note: Exiting with the power button on the remote transmitter will not save
any changes made in the service mode.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager