[TechAssist] Re: computer problem Symantic Email Proxy Pop-ups overtaking my computer

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Damon <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:04:11 -0800

Spysweeper downloads spyware to your computer every time it auto
updates and then detects it's own spyware in the install directory.
Apparently the magazines that rated it didn't check for this.

I usually check actual User ratings at download.com before installing
a new program. This one had a fairly high rating, but some of the
users found out about the trick this one plays.

I have been using SpywareBlaster (free) and now I hardly get any
spy or adware.

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546