[TechAssist] Re: computer problem Symantic Email Proxy Pop-ups overtaking my computer

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:22:36 -0500

I think you may want to run your virus scanner 1st, then run your spyware
program. Sounds like a Trojan Horse has delivered it's bulk to your
computer. Best spyware program I've seen is Spysweeper from Webroot
Software. Free download, low cost to purchase. Worth it.

You have the same symptoms I had, but the Trojan Horse was so embedded that
even after removing it and all the spyware it delivered, it actually
RESURRECTED ITSELF, over and over.....I had to reformat my drive and
reinstall all my software....took a week or 2 to do that.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Ft. Wayne, IN