[TechAssist] Re: Sony kp53xbr35 crt arcing in neck

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:46:20 -0400

Kevin,

RPTVs have usually had to push the blue CRT harder because the light output
from the blue phosphors is lower than the other phosphors for the same level
of excitation.  This is particularly true in recent years with the
incredibly high output  from all of the tubes.  This is why you often see
the blue CRT phosphors burn faster from station logos and letterbox bars.
Some manufacturers have even had a procedure to slightly defocus the blue to
increase the overall output to balance(!?!) whites.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL