[TechAssist] Sharp mini Stereo CD-BA150 -Need AM-FM tuner IC, LA1832

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:16:16 -0400

I have a Sharp mini Stereo model CD-BA150 which the customer is
complaining that the AM band will bring in the local channel only. I
checked the loop antenna and it has continuity. This loop antenna feeds
through a coil (transformer) into the AM-FM tuner IC, LA1832. I checked
the coil too for continuity and it appears to be ok. Can only gues that
the IC isn't amplifying the AM- RF. IC has B+ and the FM band works ok.

Does anyone have this chip or knows where to get one with very
reasonable shipping to Canada? It is an LA1832, 24 pin dip.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada