[TechAssist] Re: Repair price for replacing convergence IC's

  • From: "J. Knoll" <jaystv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:53:01 -0400

Hey ED!
   The larger and the more expensive an item is makes a big
difference. I don't need to pay an extra hand a days wages to help lug
a 19 inch set around nor do I need a big expensive truck to haul it
around either. And it is nice to have a little more money in the bank
just in case the hired hand scratches the screen and you have to
purchase a new one. Bye now. Jay

On 6/10/05, Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kevin;
>         Seeing it's the weekend, and Service orientated. The discussion
> is viable. (Although repetitive).
>=20
> We all seem to fall into the same trap.
>=20
> You charge for your time. You charge for the handing in your shop..(size
> and weight)
>=20
> If it's brought in...if you picked it up?
>=20
>         Sometimes we are under the impression...the higher the Purchase
> Price of a product...the more we should charge.
>=20
> We all do it...
>=20
> Most, that have been in the business for a few
> years...self-employed...seeing the Red&Black bottom lines...know they
> have to charge what keeps them in the "black".
>=20
>         NESDA has a good form called CODB..which is Cost of doing
> Business. I have an old copy..probably 6 years old.
>=20
>         You have been on this list, long enough to know that if you ask
> this question...Wayne in Pensacola, would give you different advice then
> Leroy or Mark or Jeff. Location...Economic pressures for a certain area
> will give different results and advice.
>=20
>         I realize you are a younger, less experienced Technician, then
> some on this list...
>=20
> Main thing is...............
>=20
> If you intend to remain in this business...Honesty...Ethics...and a
> respect from your "good" customers is a good starting point.
>=20
>         Back to your question...I charge $49.00 an hour...beginning to
> end.
>=20
> Sometimes...end of the month...may vary...Depends if the Bank called me.
> (Kidding)
>=20
> Just not a discussion..."Charge what traffic allows, and makes you sleep
> at night".
>=20
> -Ed-
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada
>=20
> teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> teltek@xxxxxxxxx
>=20

--=20
J. Knoll  TechAssist Monitor
TechAssist
225 Monticello Ave.
Clarksburg WV, 26301
www.tech-assist.org www.techassist.net=20
PS:
 If replying to this email, please include all previous correspondence.=20
 It is the only way we can get the full picture. Thank You!!!