[TechAssist] Re: Rca CTC-169CL5 lightbulb placement?

  • From: "Mitchs Electronics" <Mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:45:05 -0600

Barry, don't see anyway to defeat reset. But supply at no load is 139 volts
and with the 60 watt bulb
at aprox 19 ohms drops the supply to 121 volts. So its supplying just over 1
amp of current. Sam's says whole set uses 1.4 amp so that's in the ball park
I guess. Max saturation on the 1885 is 5 amp while Vbe sat is 1.5 so don't
think the currents killing it. Base waveform is 12 vp-p and at horz rate.
Think I will try a new flyback.
Rick Mitchell
Mitch's Electronics Ser.Co.
Mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx