[TechAssist] Re: RCA F36650 ATC113CA1 blows HOT at plugin

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:18:37 +0000

I've never seen a flyback work at this ring  level. Tried to do a little
research on this chassis appears that  the ATC113 is an offshoot decendant
of the CTC203 lineage, although apparently signal path traverses thru the
PIP board several times. I had also tried scrapeing and resoldering the coil
off the base of the HOT as on the 203's. Only found one tip in the database
so far on a 27" version of the chassis with simmilar symptoms and solution.
Must be planned obsolescane on these newer sets have the flyback self
destruct after 18 mo or so. ?

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: RCA F36650 ATC113CA1 blows HOT at plugin
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:46:26 -0700

I have not seen one of these chassis's.  But, don't these newer RCA
flybacks have to ring 35 or above to be good?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx