[TechAssist] 2nd REQ. PA KDS VS195..burnt part..schematic

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:42:33 -0400

Not many responses on the first try...if anyone has a  print they can
email/send, I'd appreciate it.
This unit belongs to the Head of Community Development...and I'd like to get it
repaired for them..
Thanks.
Jeff

This monitor came in as would turn on, but no HV.
I found a burnt component next to T406. It appears the part was in flames as I
can see the scorch marks up
this transformer and the PCB is burnt all the way through under this component.
It appears the component has a metal band on each side that the leads go into.
I think is location #498 or
#499..perhaps B or D..but it doesn't look like it used to be a diode.
One end runs off J114, C453, the other C826, J116.
Also, C839, 100­­µf/100v showed 0 ohms on DS ESR meter, but not on my ohmmeter.
Can anyone look this up for me, or send a schematic?
Thank you.
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair