[TechAssist] Re: RCA F32650(YX01), ATC113CA1 chassis, channels and menus scroll continously

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:33:23 -0400

I just started working on one of these this morning, with the exact same
problem. I sprayed cleaner into the channel up and down switches and
pressed them about 20 times each, now the channel searching problem has
seemed to have gone away. I suspected the Windex syndrome because I
asked the customer and he thought maybe he did clean the screen but he
wasn't clear on if the problem occurred shortly after that or not.

Is this going to start acting up again if I ship the set? Would new
switches solve the problem, and if so, why would I be advised to change
the whole assembly? I checked my parts supplier and the 249142 assembly
is $26.00 CDN with a 2 week wait to get it.

My TV is an RCA F27450, ATC113BB1. Would the switch assembly be the same
part number as mentioned here, 249142 ?

Thanks for any help.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics