[TechAssist] RCA F32650(YX01), ATC113CA1 chassis, channels and menus scroll continously

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:31:49 -0400

I have a customer with an RCA F32650YX01 (ATC113CA1 chassis) that has no or
very intermittent response to front panel controls (on top of the set) and
does accept commands from the remote. Sometimes the set works normally but
most of the time the set will stay on channel 3 but the channel display
keeps scrolling continously and cannot be stopped, except when entering
another channel number (which is then only momentary before the scrolling
continues). When this is happening and any menu is selected (TV menu, not
Guide Plus), the sub menus beneath the selected menu will scroll continously
as well. If a video input is selected, it wil of course come right off and
begin the channel scroll. I don't see any tips or bulletins for this
condition but I highly suspect the Gemstar 4 module (part# 257871) as the
culprit. This is an out of warranty customer and the set is currently at
their home so I do not have it here in the shop. I did try clearing the
Guide Plus setup but that did not help. Has anyone encountered this symptom
before?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager