[TechAssist] Re: RCA Chipper Checker, first time user, help please

  • From: al <al@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:53:36 -0400

Careful Gary,
    Unless there is big bucks involved I have never seen a "pee job"that
worked out profitably.I have heard good reports of expensive boards that
were washed down with soap(dish detergent) and water and dried at low heat
in the oven. I think some of the parts like ic's and transformers were
removed first.Sounds like a LOT of work!
    In your case Gary,keep in mind the other shop was kissing the set good
bye,and may not have cared ,or even worse maybe screwed it up deliberately.
Good luck. al

Al Leatherman
alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
973-361-5796