[TechAssist] Re: Question on Circuitcity ext. warr.

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:11:30 -0500

One more problem I would like to mention, they pay 50 cents
per mile , out side my primary area, but only one trip. if I
go on call, than decide to pull to shop, and send 2 men to
pick up and later deliver, I am only paid mileage for one
trip, and they wont negotiate the price, even with higher gas
prices.
For example say I go on a call 30 mile out. but need to drive
there and back 3 times, as I described.
I have driven 30X6=180 mile. but am only paid for 10 extended
mile X .50=5.00 ..
it is not practical for me to go out of town on calls, 180
miles probably will mean 2 men and truck on the road for 4 or
5 hours to earn an additional 5 bucks.
It wont even pay for the gas.
What have I miss calculated here??
Why should I do out of area calls??
Why do they think they are being generous and make me feel I
am a poor service center, because I refuse to go??
Larry

Philip Bader wrote:

> I guess in my small shop where there is just me and a tech friend I may
> sub to in a pinch at night here,mostly have customers bring it in, only
> a few calls (for pick up only, no home fixes) I am fortunate after all.
> Phil Bader
>
> D Thunhurst wrote:
> >
> > Wow!!....after reading your explanation, I thought I was re-living my
> > experience with them.  You sure did describe the process to a "T".
> > I guess this is their typical MOS.
> > Daryl
> > Daryl's TV
> > 3310 Dyer St.
> > El Paso, TX 79930
> > 915-565-9184
> > 915-564-1024 Fax
> > dthunhurst@xxxxxxx
> > http://dynacomp.freeyellow.com

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY