[TechAssist] Re: Phone Idler tire source

  • From: "peter kowalik" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:18:12 -0400

Actually it won't change the speed. The idler is just that, an idler. It's
not a geared cog that would be directly linked when size is changed but a
friction device, passive in nature. If the size of the drive is changed (
the pulley or spindle of the motor ) then the speed would indeed change.
This was a discussion I had with my dad more than 40 years ago, he too was
in the business, back in the 'old' days.  Peter Kowalik
pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx    Keith's Stereo   Burlington On

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
paulcho@xxxxxxxx(Paul=A0Medvetz) Date: Wed, Oct 26, 2005, 8:01pm (CDT+1)
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Phono Idler tire
source Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Won't that change the speed

Tv-Service-Company
RR 3 Box 3550
Hazleton,Pa.18202

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:01:52 EDT, Magma4592@xxxxxxx wrote:

If the idler is not out of round then you can get a small flat=3D belt ,
place
the belt around the tire and capillary some super glue around=3D the edge.=

works
perfect for hard glazed tires.

Mike W.
A.M. stereo & video