[TechAssist] Re: Philips/Magnavox 13" TV/VCR - Model # CCZ134AT01

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:09:03 -0500

Thanks, Jeff, Fred, & Mike for the responses. Tried a different LED, had
same symptom, which I kind of figured beings I checked the infrared with a
infrared detector card and had plenty of infrared. checked all connections
on sensors, looked OK, but resodered anyway, still same problem. Took my
penlight flashlight and shined it on one of the end sensors will playing a
tape and it went into FF or RW, went back to play and shined the light on
the other end sensor and had no response at all. Stopped tape and went back
TV and held flashlight on end sensor that had no response and TV stayed on
without shutting off. Took a end sensor out of a junked VCR and stuck in
unit to try and this solved the problem!!

                                                           Thanks Again!
                                                           Dan Webster
                                                           Webster's TV
                                                           Shullsburg, Wi.