[TechAssist] Re: Philips Chassis 25P1-02 Model-PK4485 CH02 No Turn Off.

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:56:52 -0500

There are other possibilities Ed, such as:
1. "Set will not turn off even when collector of Q433 is grounded, replace
IC402"
And this is one of mine from 03/14/91
2. "When plugged in set comes on with full volume, white raster with retrace
and no functions operate......Traced cause to no standby 5v at IC350 pin 42.
L317 at 5v regulator was open. Problem was intermittent."
3. "Set will not turn off and will not change channels......Replace IC351
and/or Y320, L357 and IC350"
Also you can remove IC351 and see if it makes a difference, not sure what to
expect with it removed but if it is the problem I think it will be obvious.
Jim Myers
Since 1972
Telrad Electronic Services Co.
Fort Wayne, IN 46815