[TechAssist] Panasonic DLP TV MOdel # PT-52DL10\Will not power up.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:16:00 -0700

Is anyone familiar with the above set ? My first dlp to work on.When
powered up,the front power led will blink for a few seconds and than
after that,the led that say's lamp will come on.I can hear the fan
running.The lamp can be easly removed by removing the speaker grill and
than a small cover in which inside of the encloser is the lamp.It pulls
off its socket.I don't want to replace the lamp unless I am sure that
its the problem since they are pretty costly,about $400.00 our cost.What
would be the procedure to see if the lamp is bad or whether to find out
if it is getting its power source to lite it up.Not familiar at all.
Maybe an asc tech with panasonic can give me some info or someone that
has exp.with this type of tv's. Thank you very much.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ