[TechAssist] Re: Panasonic DLP TV MOdel # PT-52DL10\Will not power up.

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:05:45 -0500

Mando,
maybe these tips from Panasonic web site will help

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc

Model Symptom Possible Remedy
PT52DL10 Upon power on, the standby LED turns red momentarily, changes to
green, and while it is green, it blinks 4 to 5 times then becomes red and
shuts the fans off (lamp and ballast fan), Unit continues to blink red on
and off , interval of 2 blinks continuously Check the Power supply voltages
at connector PA7
PT52DL10 Color changes when switching between NTSC and DTV Modes Check Tint
setting in Customer Mode
PT52DL10 Intermittent Video Check Connector DG5
PT52DL10 DARK PICTURE Check the Lamp
PT52DL10 No PIP Picture Check Q5209
PT52DL10 The ballast tries to turn on the lamp, some light is visible
momentarily. The standby LED blinks twice in red then changes to green and
blinks about 16 times then changes to red, and blinks continuously. Check
the Power supply voltages at connector PA8
PT52DL10 The standby LED flashes red intervals of 5 flashes. Momentarily the
lamp, ballast, power fan turn on, then the unit shuts off. Check the Power
supply voltages at connector PB5
PT52DL10 The standby LED momentarily becomes red, changes to green and
blinks continuously. Check the Power supply voltages at connector PA5
PT52DL10 The standby LED initially is red ,turn power on the LED blinks
about 50 times in red, the red lamp LED turns on, then the standby LED
blinks in yellow until both LEDs turn red.Ballast attempts to fire but is
not successful then the unit is dead First Check the Lamp then check the
Ballast circuit at connector PA3
PT52DL10 Black horizontal bar on bottom of video display Click to see
service tip
PT52DL10 Dead Check Q815
PT52DL10 The standby LED momentarily turns green, then flashes red. The
ballast and lamp fan turns on momentarily and then shut off Check the Power
supply voltages at connector PA1
PT52DL10 Shuts Down Check the Lamp
PT52DL10 Continuous blinking of green standby LED, no lamp operation, relay
clicks, no video/audio, the only operation are the fans running, no power to
the unit. Check the Power supply voltages at connector PA6
PT52DL10 Dead Check the Color Wheel
PT52DL10 The standby LED blinks red 6 times; fans are not running. Also no
relay operation Check the Power supply voltages at connector PA9
PT52DL10 Noisy Color Check the Color Wheel
PT52DL52 Distortion on the left side of the screen in 1080i mode Check the
DG Board
PT52DL52 Uneven brightness Perform the Lens Array Position adjustment
PT52DL52 Tilted Picture after DMD replacement Perform the DMD Position
adjustment
PT52DL52 1. Will not power on (Power LED blinks green for 1 min.) then
steady red or
2. TV operates for 20 mins or less then shuts down. On the power supply PA
board, replace regulator IC802, fusible R809 and add 1ufd capacitor. Also
replace the ballast board. Click here for details and picture:   SB-B19 03
02
PT52DL52 Front Panel LED blinks continuously. Check the Color wheel. Also
check the Ballast and the power supply.
PT52DL52 Front Panel LED blinks four times. Check the Fans

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc