[TechAssist] Sony KV27FS100 AFT hunting

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:23:05 -0400

I have a Sony KV27FS100 that the customer brought in for the complaint of
intermittently the set will display "No Signal" which is accompanied by a
loss of sync and audio dropout (muting due to the undetected signal). I had
replaced the tuner which made no difference. I then replaced the jungle IC
(CXA2154AS) which when turned on looked great. As I began channel surfing, I
noticed that the picture takes a few seconds to lock in as it appears to be
in some sort of AFT hunt when a new channel is selected. I carefully went
back over all my work with jeweler's googles and even the high powered loupe
and found no solder splashes or bridges and no evidence of hairline
fracture. I then replaced the tuner first and the jungle IC again with no
difference. I cannot find any adjustments or alignments to correct this. All
voltages are normal. There is nothing listed for tips on the Sony website or
in WINSTIPS. Has anyone else experienced this with this chassis?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms