[TechAssist] Re: PTK169PGB - HV Splitter vs. Focus divider?

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:42:46 -0500

If it will start with the flyback anode lead removed , the splitter is
definitely defective(99.9%) , change it.

The bugs and dust can be cleaned 2 ways.  unscrew the four large Philips
head screws that hold the focal lens on and that will give you access to the
inner lens and bugs!  Or..........use a compressor to blow them out.  If you
do this when the set is on you can look into the lens whilst you blow and
you'll see them disappear.

These chassis can be your friend!

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd