[TechAssist] PTK169PGB - HV Splitter vs. Focus divider?

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:51:01 -0600

Hello,

I am working on my least favorite chassis - PTK169PGB.  I have only worked
on 2 of these, and hope I don't see anymore!  It came in with shorted HOT,
and after replacing all of the normal parts I have determined the chassis
will power up if I remove the HV anode lead from the HV splitter.  The
horizontal signal to the flyback looks good then.

Question 1 - What is my next step to determine the defective part?  Do I
remove each anode wire from the HV splitter one at a  time, including the
focus / screen control block?

Question 2 - When I look down into the crt's, I see dust, dirt, dead
insects, etc.  How do I clean this without affecting the crt alignment,
etc.?

As you can tell, I have never worked with  projection tv crts.  Please be
kind!

Thank you, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, MN.
sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx