[TechAssist] Re: Ok no laughing Please ...Computer Gurus Help

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:32:14 -0500

I bought an external HD enclosure that has it's own power supply and plugs
into the USB port. Found one real cheap from Tiger. I take the HD out of all
my old computers just to keep my stuff private.
I can put any of the dozen HDs I have saved from replaced computers into it
to retrieve whatever I want.
Except for some graphics programs that want to save to their own directory,
(most can be made to save somewhere else), I save everything I create to My
Documents and pictures to My Photos, so it's easy to get all my stuff off
the drive.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH