[TechAssist] Re: Need help for HP Computer

  • From: "AcidPh Poh" <aguidori@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:37:46 +0000

If there is no virus and active x messages pops up go to  Control Panel and
open Internet Options, click on the Security tab and click on default box,
someone may have fiddled around with costume level settings.

Seen one computer with similar problem just recently, operating system okay
no virus. Looked on the Mother Board and had LOTS of bad caps.

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Phillip R. Hull" Reply-To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Need help for HP
Computer Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:17:19 -0500 First thing to do is run a
virus scan, Phillip R Hull phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ----- Original Message
-----From: To: Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 9:19 PM Subject: [TechAssist]
Need help for HP Computer >>Friends, >>I am in a near panic. My shop
computeris possessed. >>When it comes up, it has the following message:
>>INTERNET EXPLORER >Some software (Active X controls) on this page might be
unsafe. It is >recommended that you not run it. Do you want to allow it to
run? [Yes] >[No] >>I click "NO". Then when I bring up "My Documents" to
bringup my >customer files, I get the message again. >>Later in the day, the
computer froze up. I lost entries I had made since >opening. It froze up two
more times today, but I had saved after each >entry. A couple times when it
froze, there was a message something like >"Not enough memory. Close some
programs to continue." Couldn't do >squat. All frozen. A couple times my MSN
startup window popped up, like >I was attempting to connect to the internet.
I wasn't. It might take >two or three attempts to close the window. >>For a
couple of weeks I have noticed the light on my hard drive pulse on >and off
regularly for several minutes at a time and the machine attempt >to access
the A drive. >>I tried to run defrag, but it wouldn't run. Got a message
something like >"Stopped running 10 times. Do you wish to try again? >>For
the record, it is an HP Pavilion 6635, 533MHz, with 64M SDRAM memory. >It
hasrun flawlessly for one year until the devil got in it a few weeks >ago.
Now, it has me really worried. I could call a computer shop, but >with all
myfiles on this one, I'd be in real trouble while it's gone. >>Thanks for
anysuggestions. BTW, it goes without saying I know very >little about
computers, so be kind and "speak in simple phrases to this >rookie!" >>>Ken
Smith >Gulf Technical Services >3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway >Gulf Breeze, FL
32561 >850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

--- Links ---
   1 'http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp'