[TechAssist] Mitsubishi-VCR mod#HS-U51C,no drum rotation

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 00:56:52 -0300

Not sure if I have 2 faults on this unit or the absence of one causes the
other.Unit will load the ''cassette'' &emmediately unloads it; the upper drum
does not rotate as with most vcr's upon cassette load the upper drum starts
it's rotation before ''tape load'' starts to thread.Replaced mode switch,drum
motor,load cage,power supply from another serviceable unit.Also replaced IC502
&IC4A0.There is B+ to the drum IC,M51721.Have no print for this guy so anyone
have a tip as to what I'm missing.Which IC provides drive for the drum ic.I
know these units are famous for hardened black grease on the main gear
mech,which I cleaned & all plastic worms & cam gears look good.Customer ok'ed a
hi estimate on this 4 head hi-fi unit so would like to get a
fix....TIA....Don.......

HARTS-TVCR''ASC''
9-Robert St.,Oromocto,NewBrunswick,CAN
Tel#506-357-9785Fax#506-357-6010