[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS-5043 leaking tube assy

  • From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:17:09 -0600

Got one sitting in the warehouse that the customer will not return calls on
to let me know if we can pitch it or not---won't return mail even.  Burnt a
hole in the chassis the size of a half dollar.  These people see
intermittant problems with the set, and don't bother calling the tech till
it dies.  If a customer calls me with intermittant problems on these (before
they die)  I tell them to turn it off, and unplug it,  or pay the ultimate
price (replacement)  Haven't had one ignore me yet, and the sets have come
in still repairable.  I take some material gleaned from the sales floor--old
banner, and create a shield over the chassis so that if the tube ever leaks
in the future, it will fall safely to the wood in front of the chassis.
Jeff Farnsworth
Lyles TV and Appliance
17 S Washington St
Elkhorn, Wi.  53121