[TechAssist] Re: GE TV, M#:31GT659, C#:CTC187CN, color and control problem.

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:17:56 -0500

Matt,
I've seen this before. Usually you can call up the customer menu and go down
to "reset" and push vol up. You can also use "reset" on the original remote.
Also you can go the missing tab, highlight that item, push vol up and hold
for several seconds. This will sometimes bring the tab back.

If all of that fails and you have CC, re-initilize the eeprom and make sure
that you have the proper eeprom. If you don't have the CC, just change the
eeprom.(that's when an 8 pin socket is nice.) Be sure and resolder the cpu
shield(all tabs).(Even if they look good)

Good luck,
Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: "matt sherer" <m.sheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] GE TV, M#:31GT659, C#:CTC187CN, color and control
problem.
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:25:53 -0500

GE TV
Model: 31GT659
Chassis: CTC187CN
Problem: Unit originally had a problem of going to blue screen and menu
popping up intermittently.  Ended up being a problem with the EEprom.  I did
a tuner wrap and replaced the EEPROM.  Unit played fine for about an hour
and then the color went awry.  I went into the menu's to see if I could
adjust the color, tint etc.. The adjustments are there but the tab that you
move + or -  is missing on all adjustments but one.  Anyone ever seen this
before or have any ideas?  TIA!!

Gear Guy
Electronic repair
A/V systems design, maintenance and installation
AMX programming
Matt Sherer, CET
1411 Honeysuckle Lane
Champaign, IL 61821