[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Thomson Service Center Request: Technical Assistance 27V530T ITC008

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:29:24 -0500

That is asinine! Between the three of us we have 6 of these that all have
15K resistors and only two have this symptom. You and I changed the resistor
to 910 ohm, but as a result we have induced this "wiggle" at channel change
which tells me we have "altered" the circuit. I guess Thomson can't possibly
consider there is a mistake in the parts listing and it is just a damn
coincidence that the sets and schematics have 15K. Worse than talking to a
politician!

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager