[TechAssist] Re: Clone 166 PC - Bad mainboard

  • From: <wolfe-mcse@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:58:13 -0500

Howdy...

Now if the motherboard is shot, the keyboard functions would also be shot as
well.  In case the motherboard is just not holding the BIOS settings, the
problem would most likely be a dead battery, which can be replaced.

In case you need to find a replacement motherboard, with AT power supply
connector, check out:

www.outpost.com
   or
www.iwant.com

On the second one, you can place a listing of what you are looking for.  On
the first one, this is the internet site for Fry's Electronics, and I have
seen that they carry AT form factor motherboards.

Richard Strickland, MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CompTIA A+