[TechAssist] Re: Clone 166 PC - Bad mainboard

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:38:36 -0400

It might be possible, depending on the case, to take your customer's
front panel and mount it on a new ATX case. I was able to do that when I
switched from AT to ATX case, and everything lined up. I was lucky
though, that I had a standard layout for the bays, etc. which allowed me
to do that. Of course you would have to change the power switch on your
customer's front panel over from push-on-push-off to a momentary switch
for ATX.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7