[TechAssist] Re: AutoVision VCP model VE6825 made by Daewoo

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 14:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

Well Jerry

I took it apart and checked all the end sensor and plug solder, everything
looked OK. I looked at the solder on the center led and there it was. A ring
crack. Had to use my heavy duty eyeball stretcher to see it. It was making just
enough contact for a dim output that showed it was working on my infrared
detector. After repairing and touching up the end sensors just for drill, put
it back together enough to check it, and it works. Played a tape and ejects
normally. The stop button doesn't work so have to see if I did something to
cause that or if there is a setting that might over-ride the stop. Thanks for
the info.  You were the only one on the list that responded. Much appreciated.
                                      Paul

J Silverman <greentron@xxxxxxx> wrote: No, the K and G decks are not used in
new products. I dont think I have any
information from Daewoo that is less than 5 years old. I see newer Daewoo
mechanisms in RCA or Toshiba tvcrs assembled in Mexico. But people do bring
in off-brand new looking VCPs and VCRs used in vehicle applications that
have these older Daewoo mechanisms. Usually says "Made in China".
Apparently, some specialty suppliers for vehicle systems have these things
made up for them and have identical replacement units priced at $300 to
$400. Wheather they still are able to import them or they just kept
inventory from some original purchase I dont know as the suppliers dont want
to give out any information. Sometimes we have been able to repair these
things and other times we had to adapt a different model to fit in its
place. Now we no longer see this type of vcp or vcr in the stores and only
see them in some distributor catalogs at the $300 to $400 prices.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609