[TechAssist] Re: AutoVision VCP model VE6825 made by Daewoo

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:09:02 -0400

Does it have the Daewoo brand name on it? We never had any luck getting
information from Daewoo on any model that did not have their brand name on
it. You might try the simple things first. check the sensor LED system. Is
the prism still there? Do you detect infra red coming out of the prism? I
have not had a problem with the Daewoo sensor LEDs or prisms or detectors
but if they were dirty or weak you could have this symptom.
Their different mechanisms have different means of detecting the cassette.
The K-Mecha deck detects the cassette because the basket causes the main cam
gear to turn and turns the mode switch, so on that model you might clean the
mode switch and bend the contact springs a little. The basket blocks the
start sensor on the G-mecha deck to detect cassette in. On some of their
mechanisms there is a switch on the circuit board that detects
cassette-down.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave