[TechAssist] Re: Acer 78e-Mod#7178E-fcc#jvp7178ie Poor regulation??

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:28:35 -0500

How about trying Norton unformat or unerase? When a hard drive or floppy
is formatted, the data is not really erased. The index that points to
the file is changed so the file is no longer found. The only way for the
file to be really erased is for it to be over-written. If new data has
filled the drive then it is too late. If the drive has been purpoesly
filled with specific characters to "wipe" the data off the drive, then
it is too late. But if your drive is still as it was immediately after
the format, then you can probably regain much of the lost data.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4