[TechAssist] Acer 78e-Mod#7178E-fcc#jvp7178ie Poor regulation??

  • From: <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "J or CLINT" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:47:20 -0400

Greetings techs,
If I may take a moment of your time before I ask about the above
subject.Recently purchased a new PC for my shop,an XP1700 with MSI motherboard
KT3 Ultra,256ddr,40gb,52X cd,48x16x48 cdrw,NVIDIA GE4/64MB &NETWORK card for my
VIBE,ADSL Modem,soundblaster 5.1.After receiveing it I went to my computer
friend,who has his own business in this field,with both units.I wanted him to
transfer all my data files I had saved on consumer electronics,ie
tv,vcr,stereo,microwave,etc & pc & monitors.Also my address's,contacts.Somehow
all of it was lost.He was most apoloagetic but I lost alot of valueable data.So
in future requests from me please be patience if my questions seem
redundent.Phil Bader,an excellant tech,who helped setup my data base for me,may
be able to assist me.Not trying to put Phil on the spot but I know from past
experience with him,he will do what he can to help.
As for the ''subject line'' this unit seems to have poor regulation.After it's
on for 20 min the picture shakes,then starts to shrink in on the sides &
eventually will shut itself down.If I freeze spray Q602=2SK1016,the mosfet in
the smps,the problem clears for a moment.There is also a small blue
cap=C621,next to this mosfet,which the freeze may be affecting as well.No #'s
on it.Am I on the right track with this & is there a sub for this fet & would
like the value of this blue cap=C621.I have checked in
partsminder/freetradezone & got the datasheet on the N chan. mosfet, but was
wondering if I could sub or should I go with an OEM.Thank-you all for your time
& sorry for the long speel....regards........
Don of HARTS-TVCR-ASC
9 Robert St,Oromocto,NB,Canada,E2V3N2
Tel-506-357-9785,Fax-506-357-6010
hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx