[TechAssist] Re: A question for ESR meter users

  • From: jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:09:30 -0400

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/esrmeter.htm

is a good link with info on the Electronics Australia (Dick Smith ) ESR
meters. I believe this was where I found troubleshooting information when I
built mine. (anybody building one should make a picture or scan or copy of
the board before starting  construction to make finding a solder bridge
easier )
They are essentially a low-ohms ohmeter with an alternating (audio
frequency?) reference source, instead of a DC one.
They have a series blocking cap in their output ot protect their circuitry,
but the above web page points out that a cap charged to 300v in a PS could
damage one.

Mike Goins          jmgoins.tn@xxxxxxxxxxx