[TechAssist] Re: A question for ESR meter users

  • From: "Barry Appleby" <burintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:44:56 -0230

  [esr meters].                         I have been fooled by a shorted cap
when using the dick smith but never when using the capanalyzer 88 . It
discharges the cap and checks for short before it checks esr . It has a DCR
ohms adjust to tell how many ohms the shorted cap has . I don't fancy it's
flashing  leds but have learned to live with it .
                               Barry Appleby .