[TCUG] Zig Zag Markings

  • From: "Steve Narroway" <Steve_Narroway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:25:27 +0100

I am advised by our safety auditors that it is permitted to have zig zag road
markings to denote a pedestrian puffin phase at a traffic signal junction.  I
have examined the "Traffic Sign Regulations and General Directions" and can find
no mention of the use of zig zag markings at traffic signals.

I know that there is a general acceptance by road users not to park in the zone
covered by the markings and it would save the effort of applying for a TRO
however I am not convinced about the legality of introducing zig zag markings at
traffic signals?

Steve

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com