[TCUG] Signal Control Stop Lines

  • From: "Beever, Dennis" <dbeever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:50:29 +0100

We are replacing an existing traffic signal control installation within our
city centre.  A significant investment in materials is to be made as the final
scheme will figure centrally in our public realm.  Granite will be used in the
carriageway construction and we are seeking alternatives to thermoplastic to
define the signal controlled stop lines.  The possibility of a contrasting
white granite has been tabled as an option.  I'm aware of the relevant BSI that
lining materials must adhere to and tolerances on stopline widths etc, but the
alternative of thermoplastic on granite is not entirely attractive.
Has anyone used anything other than thermpolastic to deliniate stop lines at
traffic signal control junctions in public realm schemes?

Dennis Beever
Group Engineer, Urban Traffic Control
Regeneration Services
City of Wakefield MDC

E-mail dbeever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone 01924 306051

The WMDC Disclaimer can be found at:
http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/SiteInformation/E-MailDisclaimer/default.htm

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.